Fashion That Means Business - How to Work Business Casual

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I am a manager. I have chronic baby face.  Every time someone walks into the restaurant I work at, people automatically assume I am the hostess. In a review, someone once said that the hostess was extremely helpful by coming over to check up on their dining experience. That was me. If someone needs to speak to a manager, I get stared at like I am playing some kind of joke on them and I watch as their faces turn from initial apprehension to complete terror that a child is in charge.

Though I’ve finally started to refer to myself as an adult at 25, I have been experimenting with my professional look since I was 18 to no avail. At 5’2, I have a small frame and struggle with a more mature wardrobe because I always end up looking like I’m a toddler playing dress-up. Luckily, I currently am my mother’s real-life Barbie doll and she has dressed me for work since the day I was promoted. While I can’t change my youthful appearance, thanks to my mom (for the genes and the advice), I’ve learned to polish my workplace look.

This dress is the introduction to my business casual wardrobe from Target’s Who What Wear line. It’s my absolute favorite piece right now because it’s simple and classy. This t-shirt dress is long and cuts right below the knee, but cinches at the waist so I don’t look shorter. It’s also incredibly comfortable and is perfect for making the right impression. 

Stay tuned for the part two of how to work business casual, tailored to the fresh-faced girl bosses who need a little inspiration!


1 comment:

  1. Great Post, Really Great. I was simply amazed with the quality you have.
    Actually Business casual for women is a more diverse and long sought topic then business casual for men. The reason is that women tend to wear in accordance to the fashion as well as the company business casual guidelines.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.