[Adidas+Nike] Blend the Rules and Mix Your Brands

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Ariel Reverie
       I've always wondered if it was acceptable to mix brands with streetwear. I've never been one to wear "athleisure"as dresses are the construct on which my entire identity is based upon so I am not familiar with the general guidelines, but lately I've been following my boyfriend's decades-long style trend, which has now finally been popularized more than five years after meeting him. His white t-shirts and Nike hats can finally be attributed to more than just laziness and a very specific personal taste.

       As I've started to become more acquainted with the many athletic brands, I've decided that nothing is off limits. Why choose between the new soft pastel colors of Adidas tees and my Nike leggings that feel as if they are merely an extension of my own legs or between my incredibly comfortable Nike tennis shoes and my Adidas sweatshirt (that also looks good with jeans)? I like both brands, why only rep one of them at a time? So I've bended a few rules and mixed them into one arresting outfit, which is casual, uncomplicated, and perfectly fine, okay?
Ariel Reverie
Ariel Reverie
Ariel Reverie

How do you feel about brand mixing? Is it disloyal or is it unreasonable to stay impartial? Do you think it's tacky or can you ignore the rules on this one? Weigh in in the comments, xo

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.