Fall For The Dress

Sunday, September 20, 2015


   

       I am in love with the fall. There's something about the crisp air, the turning leaves, and the beauty of it all. Fall inspires me because of how poetic it is. And I am a sap for poetry and romance. I could talk about it for days, but instead of rambling about my undying passion for fall and all of its amazingness, I decided to celebrate its beginning through fashion, which also happens to be one of my favorite parts about it. 

       I splurged on this dress at Urban Outfitters because of the color and the length. I originally wanted the olive color, but I decided on burgundy because it makes more of a statement (and you can wear it with anything). I love this length because of my height. I usually stray away from any dress or skirt that rests below my knees for fear of looking even shorter than my petite 5'2 frame, but because it settles mid-calf, I actually appear a little taller. I had to pair this dress with boots as a nod to the season and the small heel adds to my appearance of length. It's all about illusion. Even my long necklace aids this idea because it pulls the eye downward. Do I look at least 5'4, because that would certainly be a win for me. I didn't include much else as far as accessories go because I wanted to keep it simple and elegant. The best part though, is the dress is really light so you can wear it during the transition between summer to fall and layer it with sweaters and jackets as you get into the cooler days. Now to work enough hours to go back to Urban and get the olive one. 






XO,
Ariel

   

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.