All About the Details: A Cutout Dress

Friday, July 29, 2016
Little Black Dress

       My favorite thing about summer is compulsively buying dresses. They're the easiest piece of clothing to style and you don't have to worry about having to match your top to your bottom. Being a dress-up junkie, my entire life has been consumed with questions like Why do you always dress-up? or How do you have the time in the morning to get ready? or Do you ever just wear sweatpants and a t-shirt? And the answers are simple: because being perpetually camera-ready is important, I am an alien who doesn't require sleep to survive, and I have absolutely no idea how to wear sweatpants. I'm not kidding about the last one. It takes too much energy to coordinate which pair of shoes look good with a pair of sweatpants and what shirt will not make me appear as if I've disappeared in a pool of gym clothes. 

       Much like the no-makeup look, it actually takes more effort for me to look effortless. So I opt for the effort. It takes me approximately thirty seconds to throw on a dress. And when I find the perfect one, I'll wear it to death. On a recent Urban Outfitters online sale, I bought this dress for something like thirty dollars. While seemingly basic on the front, the back provides sleek detail with an intricate cutout design. No matter how much time I did or didn't put into my hair and makeup routine, this dress will always make it appear as if I tirelessly labored to get ready for the day. Like every fashion magazine and blockbuster romantic comedy has instilled in the minds of female youth, you have to own at least one little black dress. Points for having one that is versatile and can be worn in many different styles. This is my new summer little black dress. 

       The basic frontside allows you to accessorize with various necklaces. In this photoset, I layered a black string choker and a simple two-piece necklace with small pendants. The detailed cutouts on the backside of the dress on the other hand maintain its own level of focus. The dress instantly appears more dressed-up because of the design. The open triangular cut and the delicate strings add variation and breathability. I also like that even though the dress shows a little bit of skin, the dress is still modest. It's incredibly comfortable too and doesn't require a bra. If you need a little support though, the strapless bras with adhesive cups work the best for me! The dress works its magic on its own, but you can pair it with anything like a jacket or a plaid shirt to create a whole new look. An ideal little black dress should be adaptable and this one is perfect for any occasion, whether it's date night or you plan on spending the day at the dog park.

Little Black Dress

Little Black Dress

Little Black Dress 

       What's your favorite little black dress and how do you wear it? Post your pictures in the comments! Also, make sure you're following Ariel Reverie to get regular updates. My Instagram needs a little love, too, so stalk me! @arielreverie

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.